Defense Lawyer for Rape Charge
Rape Charges in Alabama
Huntsville Criminal Defense Attorneys | Crumbley-Blackwell & Associates, P.C.
If you or a loved one are facing charges relating to rape or sexual abuse - contact a criminal defense attorney immediately. Charges for rape can be very serious - and even result in extensive jail time. It is imperative that you contact a defense lawyer who can assess the details of your case and provide trusted legal advice.
Classifications of Rape
In Alabama, rape is classified as a Class B Felony. It's regulations are listed under Title 13A Criminal Section of the Code of Alabama 1975. Charges are classified as first or second-degree based on the specific facts and circumstances associated with each case. Rape related charges can be very serious, it is imperative that you seek the advice of an experienced criminal defense lawyer who can help to protect your rights and best interests. Classifications of the Felony:
First-degree rape is charged to one or more persons if:
- They engage in forced sexual intercourse with the opposite sex without consent
- They engage in sexual intercourse with an individual from the opposite sex who is incapable to consent owing to physical or mental incapacitation
- Individuals over the age of 16 who engage in intercourse with members of the opposite sex who are under the age of 12
Second-degree rape is charged to one or more persons if:
- The individual is over 16 years of age and engages in intercourse with another individual from the opposite sex between the ages of 12 and 16 (the exception stands that the accused should be at least 2 years older than the victim)
- The individual engages in intercourse with another individual from the opposite sex who is incapable of consent owing to lack of mental development.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Defense Lawyer
We understand that each case is different - no matter how slim the chances of winning may seem. Our legal team will prepare and implement the strongest possible defense for your case. If you are facing charges relating to rape - schedule a free consultation with a defense attorney from our team. Phone, video, and office consultations available at all locations. Get started today by calling our Huntsville/ Athens location at (256) 539-4464 or completing a case evaluation form online.